Academic Summit 2018
Hosted by University of New Orleans
- Abstracts must be 250 words or less in length and must be written using complete sentences in paragraph form and not as a bulleted list.
- Abstracts must provide sufficient contextual background information for the reader.
- Title of abstract and poster or presentation must be appropriate.
- A statement of objectives must be included in abstract.
- Methods used to collect data must be described in abstract.
- Results must be described in abstract.
- Conclusions/summary of research must be included in abstract.
- Abstract must be clear and complete.
- Each UL System University is invited to select 5 poster presentations
- Posters may not be larger than 48″W x 36″ L, although posters may be printed in a smaller format.
- Posters must contain a title, abstract, introduction, methods, results, conclusions and literature cited sections.
- Posters must be attached to display boards using push pins. Tape and velcro are not allowed. Push pins will be available on each display board.
- Posters that do not meet these guidelines will not be displayed.
The following websites (and many others) provide additional tips for making posters but please be sure to adhere to the guidelines listed above.
Poster Session Schedule and Set-up/Take-Down
On Friday, 20 April 2018, poster set-up begins at 7 am and runs until 9 am. Poster set-up/presentations will be in the library, room 401. ALL posters must be set-up by 9 am.
Poster display boards will be numbered. Presenters must attach posters to assigned display board number listed in the final program. Poster numbers and poster session (I or II on Friday, April 20, 2018) will be e-mailed to presenters and will be posted near the entrance of Library Room 401.
Take-down by presenters must occur no later than 3:30 pm on Friday, April 20, 2018.