Academic Summit 2018
Hosted by University of New Orleans
University of New Orleans, Performing Arts Center Recital Hall
University of New Orleans Performance Coordinator: Dr. Charles Taylor
The Performing Art Showcase is an hour-long program that features a soloist or small student group from each of the nine University of Louisiana institutions. Music, theater or dance performances, poetry readings, or similar presentations are eligible. Please choose one performer or small group of performers to represent your institution. A diversity of styles is welcome.
Guidelines for Entry:
For all performers:
- five minutes performance maximum
- one performance limit per university
- two minutes set up/break down maximum
- maximum ten members per group
- one microphone will be available
- wireless microphones will not be available
- internet capability for the performance will not be available
- lighting changes are not available
- All entries must be performable within the limits of the PAC Recital Hall stage
- Performers are expected to assist with their own set-up although there will be a team of two crew members on hand to assist the performers.
For music performances:
- One grand piano will be available
- Music stands and chairs will be available
- Entrants must provide their own accompanist if piano accompaniment is required
For theater performances:
- Props will not be available or allowed
For dance performances:
- A marley floor is not available. There will be a bare stage floor.
Please supply the following information:
- Name of piece
- Composer/choreographer, etc. (if applicable)
- A description of the piece being performed (up to fifty words)
- Name(s) of student performer(s)
- Name(s) of faculty mentor(s)
- Any needs (music stands, piano, etc.)
Please send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for submissions is Friday, March 16, 2018.